The main goal of our agency is to give childless couples the joy of motherhood and fatherhood! Therefore, our customers are surrounded by attention and support throughout the program.
In addition, we guarantee the confidentiality of data to surrogate mothers, donors and couples.
In Ukraine, unlike many other countries, almost all programs of assisted reproductive technologies are spelled out in legislation. Therefore, choosing such programs in our country, you can be absolutely sure of their legality.
Leave your details and we will contact you to answer all questions
Leave your details and we will contact you to answer all questions
Surrogacy. Surrogacy is a solution to financial problems for some, and for some it is the only option to become parents. In Ukraine, the procedure is one of the three most popular medical services after ophthalmology and dentistry, which are in high demand.
What does surrogate mother mean? This is the woman who genetically carries your child. Pregnancy you will not live, but observe. Pregnancy should come after IVF. The woman in labor is discharged from the hospital alone, and the biological parents take their baby.
The procedure is associated with certain psychological nuances. During pregnancy and childbirth, the natural instincts of motherhood and the preservation of offspring are activated. For this, it does not matter how the pregnancy occurred and what biological material. A woman who has given birth becomes attached to the child and it is difficult for her to part with the baby. Therefore, it happens that those who have given birth do not want to give up their children, other controversial legal issues arise. To avoid this, you need to correctly draw up a legal contract with a lawyer, where all possible subtleties will be spelled out.
In this regard, the attitude towards surrogate motherhood is ambiguous. And in some countries (Germany, France, Denmark, Italy, many US states, Norway, Switzerland, Austria) are prohibited by law. For any attempt at artificial insemination of a woman who is ready to abandon the child after childbirth, or for the introduction of a human embryo, the doctor bears the punishment.
In Israel, Spain, Australia, Canada, the procedure is carried out for medical reasons. In Latin America and Asia, it exists but is not regulated by law. In 2001, the World Health Organization defined the special term “gestational courier”, focusing on the temporary role in carrying a pregnancy.
The cost of a surrogate mother in Ukraine, Russia is high, many citizens cannot afford it. Often women decide to become “gestational couriers” for foreign citizens. This is how the term genetic tourism appeared, which has its own legal features.
In countries where surrogacy is prohibited or allowed on a non-commercial basis, parental rights are assigned to the mother who gave birth to the child. In other words, the embassy of the country whose citizenship the biological parents have does not recognize the child as its citizen and imposes a ban on taking the child out of the country. And in Ukraine, a mother who gave birth to such a child will not have rights to him.
This program is the most morally, ethically and legally controversial method of assisted reproductive technologies. It is regulated differently in different countries.
Surrogate mother Ukraine
Legal side. Surrogate motherhood in Kiev and Ukraine is supported at the legislative level. The article 127 of the Family Code states that the origin of a child born from a surrogate mother is determined from biological parents. SM has no rights to the child. Spouses who have given consent to the use of assisted reproductive techniques have parental rights. The surrogate mother cannot refuse to give the child to the genetic parents.
Children born in such cases are registered upon presentation of a certificate of genetic relationship of the mother or father with the child. Both parties to the contract are bound by strict confidentiality. The child in the future does not know who gave birth to him.
There is also an order of the Ministry of Health No. 787 of September 9, 1913, which regulates only this reproductive technology. Where it says that SM is allowed only for medical reasons. The most common cause is the absence of the uterus from birth or after surgery. High risk of miscarriage, diseases in which pregnancy and childbirth are dangerous and contraindicated, frequent unsuccessful IVF attempts.
All medical, economic rights of a surrogate mother in this process are prescribed in a tripartite agreement between her, her biological parents and the clinic (what medical support will be provided during pregnancy and during childbirth, procedures, payment for meals, change of residence if necessary, in which cases it is provided additional remuneration and in what amount). The parties fix in the contract all possible options for the development of the event, liability for violations of the contract, compensation, payments and other important subtleties.
The child-bearing agreement contains the following main obligations:
- A surrogate mother is obliged to carry the baby, give birth to a child. Then immediately transfer it to the biological parents.
- At the same time, she must comply with all the prescribed conditions of the contract. To guarantee the normal course of pregnancy, childbirth and the birth of a healthy baby, you can strictly follow the recommendations of doctors, observe sleep, day, work and rest, nutrition, living conditions. The possibility of the presence of biological parents at doctor’s appointments, ultrasound, childbirth.
- Biological parents transfer reward and compensation to the second party immediately after the birth of the child and they immediately take it away. Spouses are obliged to cover all costs associated with the implementation of the contract. This may be the cost of medicines, special clothing, additional medical examination.
The contract is only in writing and must be notarized. The signed agreement comes into force from the moment of notarization and ends when all parties fulfill their obligations.
It would be useful to clarify in the contract the cases of:
- the birth of two or more children;
- divorce of biological parents;
- death of one or two parents;
- malformations in a child that are not related to the health or behavior of the surrogate mother during gestation;
- stillbirth or miscarriage;
- premature birth;
- force majeure cases, which the parties to the contract cannot influence.
How is the transfer of the child to the parents. In order for a birth certificate to be issued for biological parents, it is necessary that the clinic write out a certificate of genetic relationship between the parents and the child. From the surrogate mother – a written consent to the recording of a married couple by the parents of the child. The signature must be notarized. From a married couple – passports, marriage certificate and relevant statements.
Where to find a surrogate mother.
- Internet forums, bulletin boards, of which there are a lot. This is a painstaking process. Future parents get to know each other, communicate, independently choose who bears their offspring. This method may take time, but there are no guarantees that the chosen woman will meet all the requirements. The risk of meeting scammers is great. Relatives and acquaintances. With this method, you can know the candidate well, agree on a reduced price. There are many successful stories of those who turned to relatives for help. But even then, disputes, misunderstandings and violations of the contract may arise.
- Directly advertise on the Internet, the media. So you can find a candidate for less money, but there is a high risk of running into scammers. the legal protection of both parties depends on which lawyer you find, how you draw up the contract.
- Agency with a database of surrogate mothers. This option is more expensive, but you save your time. The search is carried out by professionals. Choice of several dozen. The risk of running into a scammer is minimal or excluded. The agency will help you deal with all the legal subtleties and will control the issue from start to finish.
Find a surrogate mother
How to minimize the risk of meeting a scammer. Some couples meet only to draw up a contract, pay money and transfer children. And there are those who get to know the surrogate mother closely and accompany her at all stages. The first option is dangerous because a woman, left to herself, may feel that the child is her own.
The agencies have their own lawyers who specialize in this issue and have extensive experience. If necessary, in court you will be protected as much as possible. Find out why she agreed to become a surrogate mother. Discuss her family situation, how her relatives feel about her decision. Will there be obstacles from the family. Make sure that she is mentally prepared to provide such a service and will not regret her decision. Find out how ready she is to devote herself to carrying your child, ask if there were problems in past pregnancies, how the birth went, whether the children were born healthy. Discuss the responsibilities and rights of both parties in advance.
Before drawing up a contract, try to meet in person. Ask to see the original documents – passport, marriage and birth certificate, available medical certificates.
To become a surrogate mother in Kiev and Ukraine, the following requirements are welcome:
- age from 20 to 35 years;
- immunity to rubella;
- the woman has never used intrauterine contraceptives;
- the woman did not give birth more than 2 times;
- more than a year has passed since the birth;
- lack of bad habits;
- having a healthy child of their own;
- absence of a scar on the uterus after caesarean section and other operations;
- absence in the past of ectopic pregnancies, missed abortion, premature births, miscarriages, caesarean sections;
- no problems with the law;
- notarized consent of the husband, if the woman is married.
Services of surrogate mothers
Medical examination. A visit to a psychiatrist and psychotherapist is required to determine the state of psychological and moral health of the future surrogate mother. In addition, the state of physical health is determined:
- Ultrasound of the mammary glands at a mammologist 5-10 days before the start of the menstrual cycle;
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs;
- general and special examinations by a gynecologist to determine the state of reproductive function;
- determination of the Rh factor blood group;
- blood test for hepatitis A, B and C, HIV, syphilis, made no more than 3 months ago;
- blood test for toxoplasmosis, cytomegalovirus, chlamydia, rubella;
- blood test for prolactin Prl, estradiol E2, progesterone P, anti-Mullerian hormone AMG, follitropin FSH;
- clinical blood test and coagulograma;
- bacterioscopy of the cervical canal, vagina and urethra;
- a blood test for the intensity of immunity to rubella.
How much does surrogate motherhood cost in Kiev. In agencies, compensation is about 14,000 conventional units for one child, if twins – 17,000 dollars. The stage of preparation for embryo transfer and its transfer is paid separately in the amount of $ 250. During pregnancy, the surrogate mother receives 300 conventional units for food every month. On the 16th week, 5,000 hryvnias are allocated for special clothes, this is a one-time payment. If necessary, in some cases, rental housing is paid.
Stages of surrogate motherhood. After passing a medical examination, doctors approve the candidacy, and the parties draw up and sign an agreement. When the documents are ready, the stage of preparation for the IVF procedure begins. Doctors synchronize a woman’s cycles with the help of hormonal drugs. The embryo is then implanted through a catheter with fluid containing the embryos. The procedure does not cause discomfort. Immediately followed by hormonal support with the help of drugs.
2 weeks after the implantation of a fertilized egg, the surrogate mother donates blood for the hCG hormone. After 3 weeks from the start of pregnancy, you can do an ultrasound. It is the best confirmation of pregnancy.
How to become an egg donor. If a woman cannot use her eggs due to a high risk of having a child with severe disabilities or for other reasons, many surrogacy clinics offer donor material.
A woman can become an egg donor if she:
- Under 35 years old. After this age, the quality and quantity of oocytes decreases, and the risk of chromosomal mutations increases.
- Physically and psychologically healthy.
- There was no history of heart disease, kidney disease, sexually transmitted diseases, hereditary and cancerous diseases, psychological disorders.
- In the past and present did not use drugs and alcohol.
- It has been at least 6 months since the birth.
- Lack of lactation for at least 5 cycles. Because the hormone prolactin interferes with the maturation of eggs.
- Oocyte donors in Ukraine receive from 20,000 to 34,000 hryvnias.
- Medical examination.
- If there are no contraindications, proceed to the procedure itself. In order to induce ovulation, the ovaries are stimulated with hormonal drugs. During one cycle, they cause the maturation of not one egg, but several at once, in order to increase the chances of a successful result of the IVF procedure. Usually the follicles reach the desired size in 8-10 days. A woman is injected with a hormone, thanks to which the oocytes mature completely.
- Then comes the stage of extraction of donor material. The selection process is carried out under anesthesia with a puncture needle that is inserted into the vagina. The follicles are pierced and the eggs are retrieved. The procedure is performed under anesthesia and takes no more than 20 minutes.
In the future, the most mature and high-quality eggs are selected from donor eggs and placed in a special incubator for 4-6 hours. After that, they are fertilized.
Before deciding to become a donor, many women are afraid that they will gain excess weight and will not be able to lose it. No more than 15% of female donors gained weight. After the program, hormonal stimulation stops, and over time, the gained kilograms go away. For stimulation, female sex hormones are used, which have a positive effect on the body.
Donation does not affect the ability to become pregnant. A month later, a new egg will mature. Throughout her life, a woman can become a donor no more than 6 times and no more often than after 3 months.
When you need an egg donor:
- With early fading of ovarian function.
- If there is a risk of transmitting genetic diseases to the child.
- After the age of 40, fertility drops sharply, the quality of eggs at this age is low.
- Failed IVF attempts in the past due to poor egg quality.
How to find an egg donor:
- Clinics. The donor material in them is verified, but there may be a queue.
- Independent search. We will have to independently check the donor and regulate the legal issue.
The popularity of surrogate motherhood is growing, moral and legal aspects are relevant.